Advice and services. All you need to know.
- Advice and Services
- About us
- Science and research
- Migrating to Tasmania
- Public Interest Disclosure
- Tourism Tasmania
- Strategy and Innovation
- RTI Application Form PDF
- Right to Information
- Useful Links
- Renewable Energy in Tasmania
If you have been unable to obtain the information you are after, you can make an application for ‘assessed disclosure’ of that information.
This means that we will locate the information (if we have it) and assess it against the exemptions provided in the Act to see if it can be disclosed to you or not.
An application for assessed disclosure must be in writing to the authority holding the information or most closely linked to the information. A webpage like this one is available for most public authorities.
A form to assist in making an application is available here: (Word) (PDF). If you are not using the form, please note that your application must be in writing and must include the information that is requested on the form. This is a requirement of Regulation 4 of the Right to Information Regulations 2010.
Applications are to be accompanied by the application fee of 25 fee units, which is $36.50 as at 8 August 2013 and indexed annually. You may apply to have the fee waived if one of the following applies:
- you are in financial hardship - we take that to mean that you are on income support payments (we would usually ask to see evidence that you are in receipt of Centrelink or veterans affairs payments)
- you are a member of parliament and the application is in connection with your official duty
- you are able to show that the information sought is intended to be used for a purpose that is of general public interest or benefit.
Address applications to:
Right to Information Officer
Department of Economic Development, Tourism and the Arts
GPO Box 646
Hobart TAS 7001
or email: email@example.com
Make sure you have looked for the information before you make a formal application, because if the information is otherwise available your application may be refused without the return of your application fee.